What is DEF and why is it used?
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is a urea based fluid designed specifically for use in SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) systems to reduce NOx emissions. Simply put, DEF is the solution to reduce truck / tractor emissions to meet the new EPA standards. Diesel Exhaust Fluid is a non-toxic solution engineered to help diesel-powered vehicles reduce emissions and improve fuel economy.
Why DEF? The Environmental Protection Agency requires all 2010 on-highway diesel engines to meet new Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emission standards.
How it works? When injected into the exhaust stream with a specialized dosing module, BlueDEF’s water vaporizes, leaving ammonia molecules en route to the catalytic converter; once there, it converts NOx molecules into harmless nitrogen and water vapor—making for cleaner emissions
SDS sheets available click link below:
Our Territories include:
Western Minnesota, all of North Dakota, the Eastern half of South Dakota, and Northwestern Iowa
- Barnesville, MN | Rich Buth | 800-548-2799
- Barnesville, MN | Jay Kleinjan | 701-238-4278
- Barnesville, MN | Wade Weets | 218-234-7113
- Barnesville, MN | Jeremy Bimberg | 701-318-8022
- Bismarck, ND | Jeff Reiser | 701-220-2654
- Bismarck, ND | Tom Pomonis | 701-318-9783
- Bismarck, ND | KC Kondos | 701-319-2227
- Bismarck, ND | Nate Rauser | 701-340-5173
- Brandon, SD | Mark Caauwe | 605-351-3675
- Brandon, SD | AJ Tiefenthaler| 605-351-0632